Wanted: Pre-Exam Tutors
Attention all high achieving law students!
If you are bright and bubbly ANU student, have some tutoring or mentoring experience, and have scored a D or HD in a course at the ANU College of Law, we have the job for you!
The Education portfolio of the LSS are currently seeking applicants to manage and run pre-exam tutorials for end-of-semester exams, occurring at the end of Week 12 and during SWOTVAC (Semester 1, 2018). Tutorials will run for as many law courses as is possible. We will aim to run tutorials for all law courses with a final exam, and are also welcome to applications for relevant electives. Please note that this is entirely dependant on availability of tutors and suitability of the tutorial content.
This is a paid position that will give you some tutoring experience and will be incredibly beneficial to some stressed out students. Reimbursement is $100 per tutorial. This includes pay for preparation time and the tutorial itself.
- Prepare and run a 1.5 hour practical and interactive tutorial
- Please include:
- Summary of the crucial course content
- How to approach the exam
- Ways to prepare for the exam and tips on summary notes
- Possibly an example question
- This cannot simply be an outline of how you personally crushed the exam
- Content must be inclusive and easy to understand
Please note that the tutorial outline will be sent to the relevant Course Convenor prior to the exam and must be approved by the relevant convenor before the tutorial goes ahead.
Tutors are strictly forbidden from distributing any notes previously used for the course. If the LSS becomes aware of this occurring, the tutor will be referred to the College of Law.
In your application, please include:
- Any relevant tutoring or mentoring experience
- Your grade for the relevant subject (only applicants who received a D or HD will be considered)
- Evidence of necessary skills (communication, organisation, public speaking)
- The draft date of the subject’s exam and its weighting
- Please also include an outline of how you would run the tutorial
Applications are due by 5pm Wednesday 2 May.
Please email your one page application to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must be PET: LAWSXXXX (substituting XXXX with the four digit course code). Feel free to email with any questions!
There are currently no casual vacancies open for positions on the ANU LSS Committee 2018. Our annual election for Committee 2019 will run in October.
Please see the ANU LSS Electoral Regulations for information regarding the improper candidate conduct, and sanctions for the breaches of conduct: Electoral Regulations (effective 18-09-17).